Payment Options

Online Bill Payment Options


Court Money

Customers of Mount Carmel’s Water / Sewer Service may use our convenient online bill pay. Click the link below to go to CourtMoney. This will log into a secure server for online payments.

Court Money



Doxo Account

DoxoPAY is an all-in-one, mobile-friendly, bill pay service network that enables doxo users to pay all of their billers from one login on any device. Users have the option to pay how they want when they want.

Most people are surprised to discover how many service providers they actually pay – the average household has over 12 accounts!

It can be overwhelming to organize and find information about each company. doxo makes it easy. Their biller network pages provide users with access to important contact information, website links, and bill payment details, all from one site. No more searching the web and paper statements for how to pay billers. With doxo, users have all the information in one place with one login.

Customers of Mount Carmel's Water / Sewer Service may use our Doxo account to pay with credit card, debit card, or bank account. Click the link below to go to Doxo This will log into a secure server for online payments.

Doxo Payment


Direct Debit

No more filling out checks and mailing, or worrying about whether the payment gets here on time. You can now have your utility bill payment deducted automatically from your bank account each month. If you are interested complete the authorization form and bring to City Hall at 631 N Market Street. Authorization Form


Through your bank

When paying the utility statement through a bank’s online bill pay service please verify that your account number matches your current statement. Payments made through an online bill pay service may be electronically transferred. Remember the payment must be received by the due date.

The check must be mailed by the service to: 
631 N Market Street
Attn: Utility Billing
Mount Carmel, Il 62863

In person

Payments are accepted at the Assistance Desk, located in the lobby at City Hall.

The office hours are:

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday (closed all major holidays).

Drop box

Payments can also be placed in the drop box conveniently located next to parking area at City Hall

By mail

Please include the payment stub and send checks to:

631 N Market Street
Mount Carmel, IL 62863

Frequently Asked Questions

Can we raise livestock or poultry inside the City limits?

The short answer is no livestock or poultry may not be held inside the city limits of Mount Carmel.

The exception to this rule is you must have a fenced tract of land containing not less than 10 acres and having an average width of not less than 300 feet, but in no event shall such livestock or poultry be housed or confined within 200 feet of a tract of land that is  one acre or less, containing a single-family residence. Then if you meet the criteria listed you may only raise quantities reasonably sufficient for the immediate consumption by the occupants of the premises.

Does my pet have to be on a leash or chain?

Yes. Dogs and cats are not permitted to run at large in the city at any time. Animals which are on any street, alley, sidewalk or other public place or upon the private premises of any person without  being securely on a leash or confined in an animal-tight enclosure, shall be deemed to be running at large. Animals which are running at large shall be taken up and impounded by the animal control officer. 

What can I do if my neighbor’s dog barks all the time?

Call Animal Control at 618-262-7109 or the Sheriff’s Office 618-262-4186.

City Ordinance 585 states: No person or persons shall keep or maintain any dog or dogs within the city, which disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood or person by frequent and long continued barking and/or howling.


What do I do if there is a dog loose in my neighborhood?

Call Animal Control at 618-262-7109 or the Sheriff’s Office 618-262-4186.

The City ordinance 1006 states that dogs are not permitted to run at large within the city. A dog running at large means: Anytime outside owners home the dog must be on a leash unless inside an enclosed area of the private yard. It can be enclosed using an invisible fence.

View All FAQ's